Farm Store Team Member
Fishkill Farms is a third-generation family farm in East Fishkill, growing over 100 acres of fruit & vegetables with sustainable practices. In addition to being a working farm and pick-your-own orchard, we operate a well-stocked local food store, carrying everything from our own fruits and vegetables to cookbooks and baked goods.
We’re looking for responsible and vibrant Team Members with a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and friendly, outgoing demeanor to join this dynamic farm—working under the supervision of the Store Manager.
Hiring for part-time & full-time seasonal employment, with potential for year-round employment for the right person.
Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Setup and stocking: product research, ordering and purchase negotiation, inventory
- Point of sale: cash register, pricing, labeling
- Signage, sign-making, displays
- Kitchen duties: including donut production, soups and other prepared foods
- Store appearance and cleanliness
- Managing other seasonal employees including high-schoolers.
- Providing up-to-date and accurate information on all of the products in the store and on the farm.
- Excellent interaction with customers, both in the store and on the phone and electronically
This is a great opportunity to work for a mission-based company helping feed local customers great food, and to learn more about food and farming in the Hudson Valley. Employees receive a generous discount in the store and fresh surplus produce from the farm.
A reliable form of personal transportation to the farm, a high school diploma or college degree, and at least two years of relevant prior work experience in a related field (retail, food service, customer service and/or farming). A knowledge of and passion for home cooking, gardening or local food is a major plus.