Fishkill Farms is a working farm with some of the most enchanting scenery in the Hudson Valley. The unparalleled views of our own orchards and the Catskill Mountains beyond make ours an ideal site for a rustic country wedding or a tranquil retreat for corporate teams.
We regularly host weddings and private events on our farm, and have experience doing so. Our event site is adjacent to our peach orchard, overlooking apple orchards and vegetable fields with the Catskill mountains beyond. This western view provides full sight of the sunset through the mountains, and it is magical. Event parties may also choose to have "the full farm experience" which may include picking seasonal fruit to take home with them, or a guided hayride tour of the orchard.
We do not have permanent event structures or provide in-house catering, so events take place outdoors with tents for shelter and food provided by the catering company of your choice. We are happy to facilitate/recommend excellent equipment rental or catering companies we have worked with before. As part of our service, we collaborate with these companies to ensure a successful event.
Services provided by the farm for weddings & events include the following:
- Event site itself
- Parking area for guests
- Assistance in coordinating the site setup/ layout of tents and equipment
- Taking delivery of rental equipment
- Providing electricity for all event catering, lighting and entertainment/music equipment
- Event troubleshooting
- Farm liaison during the event itself
- Use of facilities by the caterer (our kitchen and refrigerated storage)
- Use of facilities by the wedding party (bride, groom and close family & friends) for changing and privacy
- Disposal of any event waste
- Additional services available on request, such as pick-your-own fruit or hayride tours
Event rates are highly variable and depend on several factors: number of guests, duration of event, and time of year. We generally do not host events in our high harvest season of mid September through mid October, and our rates for that time of year are substantially higher than the rest.
If you are interested in holding an event on the farm, please contact us for rates and availability by emailing: email@example.com (attention Katherine).