Hopewell Jct, NY
About Fishkill Farms:
Fishkill Farms is a 270-acre fruit and vegetable farm located in the mid-Hudson Valley, NY. We produce award-winning tree-to-bottle hard cider, Treasury Cider, from apples grown on the property. Our products are marketed through various outlets: our farm store (where hard cider tastings are served year round), wholesale accounts, farmers markets, and events (both on and off the farm).
About Treasury Cider:
After over 100 years of growing apples, family-owned Fishkill Farms began producing top quality hard cider called Treasury with our fruit. The name invokes the spirit of the farm’s founder, Henry Morgenthau Jr., who served as U.S. Secretary of the Treasury under president Roosevelt, and speaks to the stewardship involved in planting and tending an orchard, growing cider apples; and to their transformation into a golden liquid.
While commercial cider is often over-sweetened and made with under-ripe, poor-quality fruit, Treasury Cider is made like a fine wine – it is dryer and less carbonated and pairs wonderfully with a variety of foods.
About the Tasting Room Attendant Position:
We’re looking for candidates with a passion for customer service and a knowledge and appreciation of fine wine, beer or cider, to learn the details of the ciders we produce, and join the team at our family farm. This position is a part-time, seasonal role, and work is mostly outdoors, serving and interacting with the customers who visit our beautiful, on-farm Treasury Cider Garden from June – November. On our Harvest Weekends (Sept. & Oct.) we have upwards of 6,000 visitors to the farm each day!
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Serving tastings and full glasses to guests with an upbeat and inviting demeanor at our Treasury Cider Garden from 11am – 6pm, Saturdays & Sundays, June through November.
- Knowledgeably describing each cider and the differences between varieties
- Educating guests on the cider making process as well as the history of Fishkill Farms
- Multi-tasking between individuals, small and large groups, and other bar-related tasks
- Expanding their own cider education and knowledge
- Ensuring ciders are adequately stocked in the retail area
- Handling routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales
- Performing Treasury Cider Garden housekeeping to keep the area beautiful and inviting
- Completing duties from opening and closing checklists
- Versatility, flexibility, commitment to excellence and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm are what we are looking for!
- Previous experience selling and serving cider, wine or other similar high end products
- Must be passionate about serving high quality cider and providing excellent customer service to a broad spectrum of guests; must be able to create memorable and enjoyable experiences for all guests
- Must be available to reliably work weekends
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds safely
- Must be 21 years or older
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and your own transportation.
Compensation & Schedule:
Great work environment, hourly rate starting at $10/hr plus tips. Part-time, with potential for full-time. Seasonal June through October.