Hopewell Junction, NY
Salary: $12.00 to $13.50 /hour
About the Farm:
Fishkill Farms is a 270 acre fruit and vegetable farm in East Fishkill, NY. Our homegrown organic and eco-friendly produce is marketed through our year-round Farm Store and Pick-Your-Own operation and our 400-member CSA, among other outlets. Starting with peas and strawberries and culminating with apples and pumpkins in the Fall, the farm provides family friendly outdoor-fun for the local community. At our peak we host thousands of visitors to the farm daily.
Farm Store Team Lead – Job Description
Full-time, 30 to 40 hours, summer and fall. Reduced Winter hours… to be evaluated after season.
Pay-range: Starting at $12.00/ hour, increasing depending on experience and skills.
Store Manager/Assistant Store Managers
This role requires a responsible and vibrant team member with a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and friendly, outgoing demeanor to strive to promote and increase the store’s sales on this dynamic farm.
The Farm Store Team Lead is expected to take a leadership role in the Store, by ensuring that he/she has an excellent knowledge of all aspects of the operating systems, such as the Point of Sale system (POS), the donut machines, the oven and the refrigerators/freezers. In this position one is expected to supervise, teach and train junior employees, communicate well, and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner. The Team Lead will become well versed in all areas of the farm store and PYO (Pick Your Own) operations and capable of managing operations in the absence of a store manager.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Opening/Closing of store: ensuring cash drawer reconciliation with the POS
- Pricing and product consistency on POS; cash register operations
- Knowledge of the farm, the farming protocols and be able to identify and speak knowledgeably about the products
- Customer service a top priority to ensure an excellent experience for all customers, whether in the store, farmers’ market or on the phone
- Creating and ensuring signage consistency
- Maintaining product freshness; checking expiry dates
- Communication between all levels of store employee
- Receiving and inventory of products
- Checking invoices
- Ensuring received items are stored in the correct locations
- Assisting with inventory counts
General work requirements:
- Start work on-time; work efficiently
- Point of Sale/Cash register operation
- Setup, stocking and restocking of store products
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of store hygiene and cleanliness
- Working with a team of other employees, occasional supervisory duties
- Understanding and communicating information about the products in the store and on the farm
- Providing top notch customer service in the store and on the phone
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in team environment
- Attention to detail
- A reliable form of personal transportation to the farm
- Experience in a related field (retail, food service, customer service and/or farming)
- A knowledge of fruit and vegetables and their culinary uses a plus