Hopewell Junction, NY
Salary: $11.10 to $13.00 /hour
About Fishkill Farms:
Fishkill Farms is a family farm in East Fishkill, NY, growing 150 acres of fruits and vegetables with sustainable practices. In addition to our own produce, the farm makes a variety of value-added products, from pies and donuts to jams, jellies, and a line of craft hard cider. Sales take place primarily on the farm through pick-your-own, our farm store and 300-member CSA, but we also attend several local farmers markets and sell to various wholesale accounts. The farm hosts tours, field trips, birthday parties and harvest festivals throughout the season, culminating in the fall festivals, when thousands of guests may visit each day for apple and pumpkin picking.
About the Position:
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will work closely with the Marketing and Events Manager to ensure great customer service in person and through our various promotional channels, promote the farm and our mission of sustainability, coordinate our wholesale program, and plan and execute our various seasonal events.
Our ideal candidate is creative and hardworking, enthusiastic about food and farming, enjoys interacting with customers and coworkers, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
- Assist in daily communications with our customer base through email, phone and in person, and through our social media and direct marketing channels (Email subscriber list, instagram and facebook pages with 10k and 28k followers respectively)
- Help manage the farm’s social media presence, and contribute written and photographic content for the farm’s website, newsletter and social media channels
- Assist with pick-your-own, farm store and farmer’s market signage creation and placement
- Weekly wholesale coordination through customer service and order fulfillment including packing and preparing produce orders
- Help plan and execute farm events, source and install decorations, plan and lead craft activities
- Represent the farm at local events and promotional opportunities
- Communicate and work daily with farm team members in our production and retail areas
- Track customer feedback and assist in year-end analysis to help us improve
- Potential for work in other areas of the farm including field work, kitchen and retail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Love of food, farming, and a passion for sustainable, community-oriented agriculture
- Technologically savvy; familiar and comfortable using various word processing, spreadsheet and communications platforms (eg. Excel, google docs, Facebook and Instagram)
- Comfortable working either indoors or out; able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of Adobe design suite is a plus
- Reliable form of transportation to farm
This is a part of full-time, seasonal position starting in May and continuing through November, with the potential for year-round employment. Candidates must be available to work weekends and Holidays.
$11.10-$13/hour. Additional compensation includes free produce from the farm and discounts at our store.