Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
About the Farm:
Fishkill Farms is a 270 acre fruit and vegetable farm in East Fishkill, NY. Our homegrown organic and eco-friendly produce is marketed through our year-round Farm Store and Pick-Your-Own operation and our 400-member CSA, among other outlets. Starting with peas and strawberries and culminating with apples and pumpkins in the Fall, the farm provides family friendly outdoor-fun for the local community. At our peak we host thousands of visitors to the farm daily.
About the Position:
The Farm Kitchen & Grill Assistant Manager will work alongside our Kitchen, Store & Pick-Your-Own Manager to oversee kitchen & grill operations and sales of: our homegrown fruits and vegetables along with hundreds of other locally-made products, from local grass fed meats and cheeses to our homemade pies and donuts. They will participate in food preparation, sales, customer service, merchandising with the goal of providing a top-notch experience for visitors to the farm.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee kitchen & grill operation in our growing season, including preparation & packaging of fresh farm to table foods
- Participate in value added production including jams, jellies and preserves made with our produce, especially in our off-season (winter)
- Participate for successful daily operations through a variety of specific tasks including: food inventory, food preparation, cleaning, product inventory
- Oversee Farm Kitchen/Grill during weekend hours with up to three additional shifts during the week. (Total hours will not typically exceed 40 except at peak season)
Proficiency and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of retail/food industry experience with some management-level experience.
- Love of food, farming, and a passion for sustainable, community-oriented agriculture is a must
- Desire to work in a mission-driven small agricultural business
- Good organizational and leadership skills including ability to work alongside staff with varying roles and levels of experience and commitment
- Must be comfortable lifting heavy boxes and bags up to 50 pounds
- 21 years of age or older
- Reliable form of transportation to farm