Hopewell Jct, NY
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Fishkill Farms is looking for someone to assist our team members in representing Fishkill Farms at the Tarry Town and Sleepy Hollow Farmer’s Market held on Saturday’s from now through November. Farmers Market Crew Members are the ambassadors of the farm at various farmers markets selling the dozens of varieties of organic and eco-certified fruits and vegetables we produce.
- Attend TASH Market (and if interested, our Carroll Gardens Market).
- Keep market supplies organized and maintained (containers, signs, tables, tents, etc.)
- Loading trucks, driving to, unloading and setting up our farmers market stands
- Knowledgeably and enthusiastically discuss our products and our organic/sustainable farming practices with the public
- Conduct sales transactions and maintain the quality of produce and displays during the day
- Perform inventory at the end of the market day
- Unload truck and return produce and supplies to designated areas
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- A great communicator who is able to deliver excellent customer service
- Dependably able to work long weekend shifts, starting in the early morning
- Enthusiastic about organic agriculture
- Hard-working and enthusiastic about physical and outdoor work; able to safely lift 50 lbs
- Minimum 1 year of cumulative retail or farming experience.
- Capable of or willing to learn to safely operate a box truck or large van driving to Tarry Town.
- Has a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and your own form of transportation to the farm.
Part-time: One to two full days per week, Saturdays (and Sundays if interested in attending our Carroll Garden’s Farmer’s market). Typically 5am-5:30pm.
Perks include free farm produce and 20% off in our farm store.