Reservations are required to participate in pick-your-own. While our season officially kicks off on June 5th, we are able to open up a limited number of reservations beforehand. You can find them below.
Reservations for 6/10 – 6/18 are posted.
Reservations are not released far in advance because the number of reservations available is determined by the amount of fruit in the fields and the weather forecast. Berries ripen in waves, so it can be difficult to forecast quantities too far in the future. Strawberries in particular cannot be harvested in the rain.
Pick-your-own hours are generally 9 am-5 pm Tuesday through Sunday, but are subject to reservation availability. Weather and crop availability may change these hours.
Pet Policy: In order to reduce farm congestion and address health and food safety concerns, no pets of any kind (with the exception of service animals protected by ADA) will be allowed anywhere on Fishkill Farms’ property.
FARM RULES & PROCEDURES:
- A mask or cloth covering your mouth and nose must be worn when visiting our farm store. Those who are fully vaccinated may remove their mask outside including at the outdoor Treasury Cider Bar.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, stay home.
- Fruit picked cannot be consumed in the field, and should be washed/eaten at home
- Do not pick more than your reservation allows unless we have add-ons available for purchase
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 ft from visitors outside your reservation group
- You must pay for what you pick before eating it. Plan accordingly and pick only what you intend to purchase.
- Only pick crops designated for Pick Your Own– picking unripe or unlisted crops will result in an additional fee
- Picking containers will be provided—you are not allowed to bring your own container(s)
- No large bags or coolers may be brought on the premises. ALL bags and containers brought into Pick-Your-Own areas may be searched by staff upon exiting. Unfortunately, produce theft is a major issue.
- Do not climb trees or shake branches
- Do not drop, throw or waste fruit – we work hard to grow it
- In order to reduce farm congestion and address health and food safety concerns, no pets of any kind (with the exception of service animals protected by ADA) will be allowed anywhere on Fishkill Farms’ property.
The Pick-Your-Own season kicks off in early June with strawberries and ever-so-sweet sugar snap peas. July brings sweet and sour cherries as well as our certified organic raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Late July and August mark the harvest of juicy, tree-ripened peaches and nectarines as well as an extensive variety of heirloom tomatoes and eggplants.
The season culminates in the fall with more than a dozen classic NY apples, heirloom varieties, and pumpkin-picking. The spectacular views, lovely fall weather, and the satisfaction of picking your own organic, sustainably grown fruits and vegetables combine for great family-friendly fun. Check this Apple Ripening Chart to help plan your visit! Still don’t see the apple you’re looking for? We grow over 100 varieties, so give us a call or shoot us an email to see if we have it.
Mid-September through mid-October, we have our annual Harvest Festival Weekends, with plenty of homemade food, live music, hayrides, donuts and cider! (Subject to change due to COVID-19).
We’re a real, working farm and not a theme park; so we have farm animals (3 sheep) but no petting zoo. Our passion is growing real food and sharing the joys of farming with our community.