Happy Spring! We know as the weather warms up and our days grow longer, you’ll be anxious to get outside and pick fresh fruits and vegetables. Our season kicks off in early June with our organic strawberries. Until then, please come visit our Farm Store and enjoy the beautiful farm view on our back porch.
Our Farm Store and Treasury Cider Bar remain open Friday through Sunday, with contactless pickup and/or delivery options available throughout the week. We offer a selection of apples; organic vegetables; our famous cider donuts & pies; seasonal holiday items; locally made artisanal goods; and an extensive New York State wine, beer, cider, and liquor collection.
Closed. Pick-your-own begins in early June (likely Saturday, June 5th-depends on weather & crop viability) with organic Strawberries. Reservations will be required and will become available in early June.
Pet Policy: In order to reduce farm congestion and address health and food safety concerns, no pets of any kind (with the exception of service animals protected by ADA) will be allowed anywhere on Fishkill Farms’ property.
FARM RULES & PROCEDURES:
- Reservations must be made in advance to visit the farm unless you are a CSA member or picking up a grocery order
- A mask or cloth covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times-please bring your own
- If you are sick or not feeling well, stay home
- Fruit picked cannot be consumed in the field, and should be washed/eaten at home
- Do not pick more than your reservation allows
- No more than 5 people are allowed per reservation
- Social distancing of at least 6 ft from visitors outside your reservation group and Fishkill Farms staff is required
- Staff at check-in will assign* you to a section in the field— stay in that area and do not wander to other parts of the field. *You will not be assigned a section for apple or pumpkin picking.
- You must pay for what you pick before eating it. Plan accordingly and pick only what you intend to purchase.
- Only pick crops designated for Pick Your Own– picking unripe or unlisted crops will result in an additional fee
- Picking containers will be provided—you are not allowed to bring your own container(s)
- No large bags or coolers may be brought on the premises. ALL bags and containers brought into Pick-Your-Own areas may be searched by staff upon exiting. Unfortunately, produce theft is a major issue.
- Do not climb trees or shake branches
- Do not drop or waste fruit – we work hard to grow it
- In order to reduce farm congestion and address health and food safety concerns, no pets of any kind (with the exception of service animals protected by ADA) will be allowed anywhere on Fishkill Farms’ property.
The Pick-Your-Own season kicks off in early June with strawberries and ever-so-sweet sugar snap peas. July brings sweet and sour cherries as well as our certified organic raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Late July and August mark the harvest of juicy, tree-ripened peaches and nectarines as well as an extensive variety of heirloom tomatoes and eggplants.
The season culminates in the fall with more than a dozen classic NY apples, heirloom varieties, and pumpkin-picking. The spectacular views, lovely fall weather, and the satisfaction of picking your own organic, sustainably grown fruits and vegetables combine for great family-friendly fun. Check this Apple Ripening Chart to help plan your visit! Still don’t see the apple you’re looking for? We grow over 100 varieties, so give us a call or shoot us an email to see if we have it.
Mid-September through mid-October, we have our annual Harvest Festival Weekends, with plenty of homemade food, live music, hayrides, donuts and cider! (Subject to change due to COVID-19).
We’re a real, working farm and not a theme park; so we have farm animals but no petting zoo. Our passion is growing real food and sharing the joys of farming with our community.